- Lancaster County
We are searching for a Central Referral Intake Screener member to join our team! This is a full-time position located in our Lancaster Office. Hours are Monday-Thursday, 12 pm – 8 pm, and Friday 9 am – 5 pm, with no weekends required.
An Intake Screener at T.W. Ponessa and Associates Counseling Services, Inc. will be a qualified professional with a high school diploma, and will have the following roles and responsibilities
- Accepting initial phone calls as they come in to start outpatient therapy services (determining if this is the right level of care and if they need outpatient vs. drug and alcohol services).
- Having a knowledge of all insurance providers, if TWP works with the client’s insurance or not, and if there is an intake specialist and therapist who can be assigned to this client at the location they are requesting.
- Having a knowledge of wait time/acceptance of psychiatric services at all locations.
- Entering administrative data in Horizon for new clients and on the consumer intake form in a timely fashion.
- Providing information and communicating with the billing department prior to the scheduled appointment to verify insurance.
- Following up with clients who have no showed/cancelled their initial intakes to reschedule.
- Developing strong working relationships with frequent referral agencies in the various counties.
- Other services as assigned by the Outpatient Services Director
- Previous experience in medical office or office administration
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
Education Requirements: Must have a High School Degree or equivalent.
Clearances: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can use the discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program, including tuition discounts.
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org