- Lancaster County
Status: Full Time Hourly Position. No on-call responsibilities. No weekend responsibilities.
General Summary: The Child Development Specialist will develop and facilitate therapeutic treatment groups for children ages 5 through 14. Other responsibilities include assisting in creating safety milieu, and helping clients reach treatment goals. The Child Development Specialist serves as an integral role on a multidisciplinary team to provide quality mental health treatment and care to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality weekly therapy groups for clients aged 5 through 17.
- Works closely with members of a multidisciplinary treatment team and community liaisons including, school, and BHRS providers, etc.
- Helps assist clients in reaching treatment goals.
- Assist other program staff members in maintaining safety in the milieu.
Minimum Education, Credentials, and Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school, in the Human Services field; Social Work, Psychology, or other related field. Applicants must pass criminal background check, child abuse clearance, and FBI clearance. Bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, Voluntary Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can participate in our optional 401 K Program with matching, and access discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program. Employee’s can also take advantage of our Tuition Discount Program, offering tuition discounts through strategic partnerships to local Colleges and Universities.
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: email@example.com