- Lancaster County
Status: Full Time Hourly Position (40hrs/week), Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. No on-call responsibilities, No weekend responsibilities.
General Summary: The Child Development Specialist will develop and facilitate therapeutic treatment groups for children ages 5 through 12. Other responsibilities include assisting in creating safety milieu, and helping clients reach treatment goals. The Child Development Specialist serves as an integral role on a multidisciplinary team to provide quality mental health treatment and care to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality weekly therapy groups for clients aged 5 through 12.
- Works closely with members of a multidisciplinary treatment team and community liaisons including, school, and BHRS providers, etc.
- Helps assist clients in reaching treatment goals.
- Assist other program staff members in maintaining safety in the milieu.
Minimum Education, Credentials, and Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school, in the Human Services field; Social Work, Psychology, or other related field. Applicants must pass criminal background check, child abuse clearance, and FBI clearance. Bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, additional Voluntary Benefits, and paid-time off and paid holidays. Part-time employees are eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees have access to the discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program, including tuition discounts.
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Transcript or Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - Print out this form, complete, and mail in as instructed.
- FBI Criminal History
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org