- Lancaster County
T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced clinical leader to fulfill the role of Director of Partial Hospitalization Programs (Child/Adolescent). This is a full time, Monday through Friday, salaried position.
The Partial Program at TW Ponessa & Associates offers Partial Hospitalization (PHP) to children (ages 5-12) and adolescents (ages 12-17). Services include short-term intensive group therapy geared towards the unique mental health needs of the child/adolescent. Common issues addressed include, but are not limited to, mood instability, stress, anxiety, depression, disorganized thinking, trauma, poor social skills and behavioral outbursts. Participants attend group therapy sessions; meet with a clinician for individual counseling and case management needs, and a psychiatric prescriber for medication management.
- Recruiting and hiring of program staff
- Program Staff supervision and management
- Attend and participate in all required meetings and committees
- Comply with governmental regulations regarding confidentiality of resident records, documentation, and client rights
- Conduct the following meetings for the partial program: general staff meeting (weekly); individual supervision of program staff as needed
- Implement policies and procedures in compliance with all external and internal policies, laws, and regulations
- Be responsible for the daily operations of a large partial hospitalization program
- Plan, direct, and manage the clinical and administrative coordination of all aspects of the program, its consumers, and staff (including student interns)
- Ensure a clean, safe day hospital environment
- Ensure a meaningful and productive activity schedule for consumers to include skill training groups and treatment programs specifically targeting those areas of need identified in the treatment planning process
- Processes, and helps facilitate referrals
- Intervene at times of crisis to help patient achieve and maintain stabilization.
- Ensure all staff compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures
- Operate the program within the prescribed budget and maintain documentation of expenditures
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) efforts
- Participate in review and evaluation of program goals, activities, policies and procedures
- Report all problems, issues, and unusual incidents to appropriate parties in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with agency policies and procedures
- Schedule staff development and staff training activities
- Uphold the general standards of clinical/professional practice
- Uphold the mission, values, and philosophy for service of the Agency
- Responsible for all employee hiring, discipline, and discharge
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
EDUCATION: 1. A Master’s degree from an accredited University or College in the field of Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Human Services Field.
EXPERIENCE: 1. Minimum of three years Mental Health / Behavioral Health Residential experience working with children/adolescents required. 2. Minimum one year of related Supervisory experience preferred.
CLEARANCES: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, and Voluntary Benefits. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees have access to use the discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program and the Tuition Discount Program. (To view a full list of benefits, scroll down and select View PDF)
Join our team as we continue helping people back into the swing of life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Transcript or Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - Print out this form, complete, and mail in as instructed.
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions and enter service code 1KG738
Please email your coverletter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: email@example.com