- Lancaster County
The Graduate Internship Coordinator is an administrator with the primary task of supporting the goals and aims of the T.W. Ponessa Internship Program, with guidance from the Internship Director.
Intern program goals include:
- Recruiting and retaining capable intern candidates.
- Providing quality training and supervision for interns.
- Helping transition interns into employees.
- Increasing revenue for the agency.
The Graduate Internship Coordinator role is a part-time, 24-hour per week position in support of these goals. Can be combined with a clinical role (i.e. Outpatient Therapist) to obtain full-time status with benefits. General requirements include regular communication with the Internship Director and other agency administrators. There must also be a commitment to professionalism, integrity, and ethical behavior. The Graduate Internship Coordinator will proactively contact interns to provide guidance, support, and supervision. Critically, the internship program is integrated with no divisions for master’s and doctoral interns, or social work and mental health interns. The program is founded on mutual trust and respect for all, by all. There is an overall focus on high standards, effective communication, genuineness, openness, honesty, transparency, diversity, and curiosity. The Graduate Internship Coordinator must be interdependent and self-motivated to maximize intern impact. Applicants must have an LPC, LMFT, or LCSW.
Specific job requirements include:
- Attend regularly scheduled or ad hoc meetings with the Director and other administrators (individual meeting, internship meetings)
- Recruit social work and mental health interns – There are standing requests from Temple and Millersville Social Work programs
- Supervise MSW and mental health interns
- Read and approve documentation (progress notes, treatment plans, discharges, and transfers)
- Attend and direct group supervisions on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Be available for Crisis/ChildLine calls from interns.
- Help prepare for audits
- Assist in the planning and development of the internship program
- Occasional travel to other sites for meetings, chart reviews, and supervision
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: 1. A Master’s degree from an accredited University or College in the field of Psychology, Social Work, Counseling Education, Marriage & Family Therapy or a Human Services field. 2. Licensed in the State of Pennsylvania is required (LPC, LCSW, LMFT).
BENEFITS: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, Voluntary Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can participate in our optional 401 K Program with matching, and access discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program. Employee’s can also take advantage of our Tuition Discount Program, offering tuition discounts through strategic partnerships to local Colleges and Universities. T.W. Ponessa & Associates is an approved Primary Care Loan Repayment site designated by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Loan Repayment Program(LRP) Approved Practice Site: T.W. Ponessa & Associates is a primary outpatient behavioral health care loan repayment program (LRP) approved practice site, offering educational loan repayment to practitioners who provide care within a designated region. The LRP offers grant funding to be used to repay qualifying educational debt in exchange for a two-year full-time or half-time service commitment at an LRP-approved practice site. Primary care providers including Physicians, Physician Assistants, Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists are eligible to apply for the educational loan repayment in response to a competitive Request for Applications (RFA) from the PA Department of Health. Physicians are eligible to receive up to $100,000 of loan repayment for a full-time service commitment or up to $50,000 for a half-time service commitment. All other disciplines are eligible to receive up to $60,000 of loan repayment for a full-time service commitment or up to $30,000 for a half-time service commitment.
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org