- Lancaster County
HR Associate Position- Permanent Position
Summary: The purpose of this position is to ensure that all leave programs and benefits at TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. are administered in accordance with company policy and practice, state and federal guidelines, and with a focus on customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily administration of all employee leave, including short term disability, medical leave, military leave, personal leave, worker’s compensation leave, etc.
- Coordinate with employee, provider and insurance carrier to process all STD claims.
- Ensure Family Medical Leave Act compliance and record keeping.
- Serve as point of contact for those on leave and communicate status and changes to HR Staff and the immediate Supervisor/Director.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly open enrollment materials.
- Verify enrollments and deductions, preparing periodic audits.
- Other duties and special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a variety of platforms to foster greater understanding of the company’s benefits programs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all personnel and benefit information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service focus with the ability to work with staff from all levels of the corporation.
- High level of organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and ability to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of the FMLA, USERRA, ADA, ADAA, GINA, ERISA, COBRA, Workers Compensation, and PPACA.
- Flexible team player able to work independently or within the group.
- Able to quickly learn web-based benefit administration programs, proficient with Microsoft suite, Internet, Email, etc.
Bachelor’s degree w/ one year related human resources experience; or Associates degree w/ two years of related human resources experience; or High School diploma w/ five years of related human resources experience.
Clearances: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can use the discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program, including tuition discounts.
Join our team as we continue helping people back into the swing of life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: email@example.com