- Lancaster County
Position Name: Human Resources Associate
The Human Resources Associate is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payroll processing. This includes auditing and finalizing bi-weekly time data, biweekly payroll processing, verifying incoming pay information (bonus, deductions etc.), creating and submitting payroll reports, and other authorized payroll transactions.
- Bi-weekly payroll and time data processing. Includes but is not limited to input, payroll auditing, distribution, records maintenance, and wage garnishment processing
- Process monthly bonuses
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Review and respond to requests including wage verification inquiries, wage assignments, levies, and garnishments as necessary
- Serve as a point of contact for basic inquiries and requests, such as; direct deposit, requests for pay statement copies, and W-4 withholding
- Identify and research errors on payroll checks; resolve basic payroll discrepancies regarding pay, time worked, deductions and time off
- Interpretation of pay policies, i.e., vacation, LOA, disability, workers compensation, withholding exemptions, and ensure appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied accurately and timely
- Prepare and distribute year-end tax documentation e.g W-2’s,with established policies and regulatory deadlines.
- Processes and manages all Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Assists employees regarding Workers’ Compensation benefits claim process.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective function of the Human Resources department.
- Previous experience in Human Resources, or other related fields
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a variety of platforms to foster greater understanding of the company’s payroll.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all personnel and benefit information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service focus with the ability to work with staff from all levels of the corporation.
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and ability to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Flexible team player able to work independently or within the group.
- Able to quickly learn web-based benefit administration programs, proficient with Microsoft suite, Internet, Email, etc.
Education: Bachelor’s degree w/ one year related human resources experience; or Associate’s degree w/ two years of related human resources experience; or High School diploma w/ five years of related human resources experience.
Clearances: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees have access to use the discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program, including tuition discounts.
Join our team as we continue helping people back into the swing of life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - Print out this form, complete, and mail in as instructed.
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org