- Lancaster County
We are looking for two full-time Central Referral Specialist (title recently changed from Intake Screener) to become part of our team! You will perform routine administrative duties to keep the medical facility running smoothly. A strength in organization, managing various tasks at one time, and having strong phone etiquette skills will be necessary. A high school diploma is required, and bilingual abilities are preferred.
The full-time hours are for either Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm, or Monday-Friday, 8:15 am – 4:15 pm. We are looking to fill two open positions.
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner
- Accepting initial phone calls as they come in, to start outpatient therapy services (determining if this is the right level of care and if they need outpatient vs. drug and alcohol services).
- Having knowledge of insurance companies for proper billing procedures, and if there is an Intake Specialist and Therapist available who can be assigned to a client at the location they are requesting
- Having knowledge of current wait time/acceptance of psychiatric services at all locations
- Entering administrative data into the software system, Horizon, for all new clients and on the consumer intake form
- Making follow-up calls with clients who have no showed/cancelled their initial intake, to reschedule
- Developing strong working relationships with frequent referral agencies
- Previous experience in healthcare administration or other related fields
- Familiarity with medical billing procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual abilities are preferred, but not required (Spanish & English)
Clearances: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
Minimum Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, Voluntary Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can participate in our optional 401 K Program with matching, and access discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program. Employee’s can also take advantage of our Tuition Discount Program, offering tuition discounts through strategic partnerships to local Colleges and Universities.
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: email@example.com