- Lancaster County
We are looking for a full-time Intake Screener to become part of our team! You will perform routine administrative duties to keep the medical facility running smoothly. A strength in organization, managing various tasks at one time, and having strong phone etiquette skills will be necessary. A high school diploma is required, and bilingual abilities are preferred but not required. The Intake screening department is part of the Outpatient Department and reports directly to the Outpatient Director. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, from 8 am – 4 pm.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner
- Accepting initial phone calls as they come in, to start outpatient therapy services (determining if this is the right level of care and if they need outpatient vs. drug and alcohol services).
- Having knowledge of insurance companies for proper billing procedures, and if there is an Intake Specialist and Therapist available who can be assigned to a client at the location they are requesting
- Having knowledge of current wait time/acceptance of psychiatric services at all locations
- Entering administrative data into the software system, Horizon, for all new clients and on the consumer intake form
- Making follow-up calls with clients who have no showed/cancelled their initial intake, to reschedule
- Developing strong working relationships with frequent referral agencies
- Previous experience in healthcare administration or other related fields
- Familiarity with medical billing procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual abilities are preferred, but not required (Spanish & English)
Clearances: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
Minimum Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees have access to use the discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program, including tuition discounts.
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Transcript or Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - Print out this form, complete, and mail in as instructed.
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions and enter service code 1KG738
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org