- Dauphin County
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
This is a full-time position. An Intake Specialist within T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc., will be a qualified mental health professional and will have the following roles and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts Intake Assessments for children, adolescents, and adults interested in outpatient therapy and psychiatric services.
- Develops an appropriate treatment plan supporting recovery concepts by incorporating the individual’s/family’s strengths, barriers and individual needs. Documents a clear problem statement and treatment goals/objectives in an individual’s “own voice”. Formulates measurable, achievable goals and objectives, in collaboration with the individual.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families, and others in a caring, empathetic, and respectful manner.
- Completes medical record documentation, document services authorizations, releases of information, case management responsibilities and other required documentation as dictated by State Licensing Regulations.
- Assigns clients to appropriate therapist and/or psychiatrist based on availability and presenting issues.
- Attends all mandatory and scheduled training’s, supervisions, and staff meetings. Reports to supervisor on a regular basis to insure consistency and quality of care.
- Maintains professional boundaries and behavior, as specified by the TW Ponessa & Associates Code of Ethics/Conduct, during interactions with all staff and clients.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and client’s rights in accordance with TW Ponessa & Associates Policy Procedure Manual, the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) Regulations, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Non-Discrimination Policy.
- Comply with all expectations and obligations regarding Mandated Reporting of Sexual and Physical Abuse, Harm to self, or Harm to others.
- Adhere to the Child Adolescent System Services Program (CASSP) Model of service delivery which specifies the following core principles: Child centered, family Focused, Community based, Multi-System, Culturally competent, and Least restrictive/intrusive.
- Other duties as assigned by the Outpatient Services Director.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience delivering mental health care to children, adolescents, and adults.
- Ability to work independently and with others to accomplish objectives as a team
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Bilingual abilities are preferred, but not required
Education: 1. A Master’s degree from an accredited University or College in the field of Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Human Services Field. 2. Licensed in the State of Pennsylvania to provide mental health services (LPC, LSW, LCSW, etc.)
Clearances: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, Voluntary Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can participate in our optional 401 K Program with matching, and access discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program. Employee’s can also take advantage of our Tuition Discount Program, offering tuition discounts through strategic partnerships to local Colleges and Universities.
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org