- Dauphin County
Licensed Substance Use Disorder Outpatient Therapist
We are seeking a Substance Use Disorder Outpatient Therapist to join our growing team!
Status: Part-time position, with the option to transition into Full-time if desired. No on-call responsibilities, and no weekend responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- A practical understanding of substance use disorders as well as a practical understanding of the process of substance use disorder recovery.
- Ability to effectively conduct therapeutic, goal-directed treatment sessions with individuals.
- Ability to facilitate groups, including but not limited to: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Early Recovery, etc.
- Knowledge of and an ability to complete ALL required record keeping documentation
- Practical understanding of the State and Federal Confidentiality laws and regulations governing the SUD treatment programs in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Acquisition of 25 hours of DDAP approved trainings per year.
- Cognizant of MAT services
- Familiarity with and an ability to collaborate with local recovery support services
- Practical understanding of the SAMHSA Guiding Principles of Recovery
- A minimum of one year of uninterrupted experience in a licensed drug and alcohol setting; preferably outpatient level of care.
- ASAM Training Certificate of Completion: 12 hours
- DDAP Approved Confidentiality Training Certificate of Completion: 6 hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent computer skills
Education: 1.A Master’s degree from an accredited University or College in the field of Addiction Counseling, Community Counseling, Community Psychology, Criminal Justice, Health/Human Services, Marriage & Family Therapy, Music Therapy, Pastoral Ministries or Studies, Sociology, and any other acceptable degree defined by the Pennsylvania Department of Drug & Alcohol Programs. 2. Licensed in the State of Pennsylvania (LPC, LSW, LCSW, etc.) is preferred but not required.
Clearances: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, Voluntary Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can participate in our optional 401 K Program with matching, and access discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program. Employee’s can also take advantage of our Tuition Discount Program, offering tuition discounts through strategic partnerships to local Colleges and Universities.
Substance Use Disorder Loan Repayment Program: T.W. Ponessa & Associates is a substance use disorder (SUD) loan repayment program (LRP) approved practice site, offering educational loan repayment to practitioners who provide behavioral health care and treatment for substance use disorder and opioid addiction within a designated region. Loan repayment is provided for practitioners in exchange for two years of past service and a commitment to two additional years of full-time or half-time service. Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors, Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselors, PA-Cs, CRNPs, Psychologists, LCSWs, LSWs, and LPCs can receive up to $60,000 of educational loan repayment for a full-time service commitment and/or up to $30,000 of educational loan repayment for a half-time commitment.
Join our team as we continue helping people back into the swing of life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org