- Lancaster County
Status: Full Time Position (40hrs/week) & Part-Time Positions, No on-call responsibilities, No weekend responsibilities.
General Summary: The Child Psychiatrist serves as the primary team psychiatrist and provides direct clinical care. The Child Psychiatrist works closely with the Psychiatric Medical Department performing psychiatric evaluations. The Child Psychiatrist serves an integral role in the treatment of children on the behavioral health continuum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct psychiatric care for clients age 5 and above; this includes psychiatric evaluations and medication management checks.
- Assumes psychiatric leadership responsibilities to the treatment team, including signing off on initial treatment plans and treatment plan updates.
- Provides clinical expertise and direction for program development.
- Provides ongoing evaluation and approval of existing clinical program.
- Provides weekly supervision and clinical oversight to Master’s level clinicians.
Minimum Education, Credentials, and Experience: A graduate from an accredited medical school. Board eligible/board certified (preferred) in Psychiatry, serving a residency in general psychiatry with license to practice medicine in Pennsylvania or license eligibility in Pennsylvania. Child & adolescent fellowship trained preferred. Applicants must pass criminal background, child abuse clearance, and FBI clearance.
Competitive salary & benefits offered.
**Loan Forgiveness Incentive**
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees have access to use the discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program, including tuition discounts.
Join our team as we continue to Help people back into the Swing of Life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Transcript or Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - Print out this form, complete, and mail in as instructed.
- FBI Criminal History
Please email your coverletter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: email@example.com