- Lancaster County
POSITION TITLE: Mental Health Professional – School-Based Mental Health Outpatient Therapist
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time to start, with the option to transition into a full-time position if desired.
LOCATION: Lancaster County
DIVISION: School Based Mental Health Outpatient Services
REPORTS TO: School Based Outpatient Director
SUMMARY: The School-Based Therapist will be responsible for providing services related to the delivery of mental health care to assigned clients at the designated school location and will provide consultation services to the school staff to support the overall mental health goals of the school. This is a great position for therapists who like to work with children and adolescents. Enjoy a flexible schedule and receive ongoing training throughout the year! No evening or weekend hours are required.
- Conduct intakes and provide continuing therapy to clients within the school setting
- Assess, develop, and update treatment plans, provide individual, family, and group sessions
- Interact with school personnel as needed (School Counselors, teachers etc.)
- Meet funding requirements for documentation, including, treatment plans, progress notes, etc.
- Travel to assigned school(s) to provide treatment
- Attend supervision and training as required for Full Time clinicians
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with children and adolescents
- Working knowledge of DSM-V, and have the ability to formulate a diagnosis from information provided by the client
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Ability to meet paperwork deadlines consistently
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: 1. A Master’s degree from an accredited University or College in the field of Psychology, Social Work, Counseling Education, Marriage & Family Therapy or a Human Services field. 2. Licensed in the State of Pennsylvania, is required, to provide mental health services (LPC, LSW, LCSW, etc.)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Travel is required to the school. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work effectively with clients, staff, and outside agencies.
BENEFITS: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, Voluntary Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees have access to the discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program, including tuition discounts.
Join our team as we continue helping people back into the swing of life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Transcript or Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - Print out this form, complete, and mail in as instructed.
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions and enter service code 1KG738
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org