- Lancaster County
- Lebanon County
The School-based Therapist will be responsible for providing services related to the delivery ofmental health care to assigned clients at the designated school location and will provide consultation services to the school staff to support the overall mental health goals of the school.
- Provides direct mental health services to include intake assessment, individual/family/group therapy, and crisis intervention to assigned clients
- Maintains regular contact with the parent/guardian of each client (if appropriate)
- Completes master treatment plans, treatment plan updates, managed care authorizations and all chart requirements.
- Furnishes required reports to Child Line, legal system and other involved agencies, as necessary
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings and clinical supervision at the Corporate Office
- Provides consultation for school staff regarding mental health issues of clients (as appropriate)
- Conducts group therapy as necessary
- Participates in the collection of mental health information and student outcomes data to be used for monitoring the overall performance and effectiveness of services provided.
- Provides complete and timely documentation to support services rendered
- Maintains 70% direct service requirement
- Other duties as assigned
Must possess a strong knowledge of the common diagnoses and treatments for school-aged children and possess the skills necessary to facilitate positive change in a school environment.
- A Masters degree from an accredited University or College in the field of Psychology, Social Work, Counseling Education or Human Services field.
- Licensed in the State of Pennsylvania to provide mental health services (LPC, LSW, LCSW, etc.), preferred
Clearances: (Perspective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.)
- PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter)
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter)
- FBI Clearance
- Travel is required to the school
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to deal effectively with clients, staff, and outside agencies.
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Transcript or Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - Print out this form, complete, and mail in as instructed.
- FBI Criminal History
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org