- Lancaster County
We are looking to hire a Substance Use Disorder Outpatient Clinical Supervisor
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Clinical supervisors are required to participate in documented monthly meetings with their supervisors to discuss their duties and performance for the first 6 months of employment in that position. Frequency of meetings thereafter shall be based upon the clinical supervisor’s skill level with proper documentation prior to the reducing the frequency of the meetings.
- Reviews and recommends changes in the policy a procedure manual to the Director.
- Assists the Director in developing agency goals related to clinical and training issues.
- Develops and submits to the Director a written report of Clinical operations annually.
- Develops and submits to the Director a quarterly report of progress related to clinical goals and the agency training plan.
- Develops and maintains written letters of agreement with all primary referral sources including emergency medical and psychiatric services as directed by the Director.
- Develops and maintains a community resource listing.
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, promotion and termination of clinical staff.
- Enforces the rules of conduct.
- Initiates the progressive disciplinary action program for clinical staff members.
- Provides clinical supervision to all therapists.
- Completes and submits for approval all performances evaluations of clinical staff members.
- Assists in the employee safety/accident program.
- Ensures confidential maintenance of personnel and clinical supervision records.
- Holds regularly scheduled staff meeting and disseminates information between staff meetings.
- Ensures that all new clinical employees or contracted providers are oriented.
- Submits for approval the staff training program, which includes assessing staff training needs, developing training plans and conducting an annual evaluation of the training program.
- Responsible for insuring client confidentiality.
- Insures client’s rights.
- Ensures compliance with WITS, Epitomax data collection requirements.
- Submits to the Director criteria for client admission.
- Submits to the Director criteria for successful completion of treatment.
- Submits to the Director criteria for involuntary discharge/termination.
- Ensures that all clients admitted to treatment receive a client orientation.
- Develops and submits updates for all client records forms to the Director.
- Submits to the Director an outreach plan for approval, supervising the implementation of the plan.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Position
- A Master’s Degree or above from an accredited college with a major in medicine, chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in administration or the human services) or other related field and 2 years of clinical experience in a health or human service agency which includes 1 year of working directly with the chemically dependent.
- Clinical supervisors and lead counselors who have not functioned for 2 years as supervisors in the provision of clinical services shall complete a core curriculum in clinical supervision. Training not provided by the Department shall receive prior approval from the Department.
- If a clinical supervisor or lead counselor has less than 2 years of clinical experience working directly with the chemically dependent person, 6 of the training hours required in § 704.11(e)(2) and (f)(2) (relating to staff development program) during the first year of employment shall be in diseases of addiction.
- This is a full time position for every eight full-time counselors or counselor assistants, or both.
- The full time Clinical Supervisor shall not have other assignments or responsibilities at the project.
- A minimal caseload may be maintained for the sole purpose of maintaining clinical skills (that is: outpatient 5 clients)
- Knowledge of the current DDAP outpatient licensing regulations; medical assistance outpatient regulations; SCA outpatient parameters; DOC contractual parameters; the State and Federal Drug and Alcohol Confidentiality Laws; the Ethics governing the Drug and Alcohol profession; & the current level of care tool governing the continuum of addiction treatment placement.
- Reliable, properly insured vehicle. Will need to travel 20% of time.
- Ability to manage the clinical oversight for several sites.
- License preferred (LSW, LCSW, LPC, etc.)
Required Training Certificates Upon Hire/Within The First 365 Days of Hire
- CPR/First Aid
- Practical Application of Confidentiality
- Case Management Overview
- Screening & Assessment
- Addictions 101
- Clinical Supervision
Annual Required Training
- A minimum of 12 hours in accordance to the Individualized Training Plan
Clearances: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
Benefits: T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, and additional Voluntary Benefits. In addition, employees can participate in our 401K plus matching program, and use discounts in the Employee Perks Reward Program, including tuition discounts for local colleges and universities.
Join our team as we continue helping people back into the swing of life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org