NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Program
T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services, Inc. is committed to quality continuing education for Master’s level clinicians. Trainers have advanced education and significant experience and a variety of clinical backgrounds. T.W. Ponessa trainings are NBCC-certified and two CEU hours are provided to meet license requirements for social workers, marriage and family therapists, and licensed professional counselors.
Trainings are designed to enhance case conceptualization, improve clinical skills, and offer opportunities for professional development. Trainers use a combination of didactics, group work, and discussions with the trainer to sharpen skills and enable participants to gain insight into specific areas of mental health treatment.
Trainers hold advanced degrees (masters or higher) in a mental health field, along with years of direct experience. Most trainers are licensed psychologists, marriage and family therapists, social workers, or licensed professional counselors. Trainers may be college professors, in private practice, or work in schools or mental health agencies. Many trainers have authored books or developed training modules to assist specialized groups.
NBCC-approved trainings include topics such as counseling theory/practice, human growth and development, social and cultural foundations, group counseling, career development and counseling, assessment, research and program evaluation, counselor professional identity and practice issues, and other clinical topics.
Evaluations & Certificates
Following each training, participants who have attended the training in its entirety will receive a Training Feedback form. After receipt of the completed form, T.W. Ponessa will issue a certificate via email indicating the CE credits that have been obtained.
- January 17: Comfort & Joy for YOU in the New Year & Beyond, Debra Doubrava, PhD, LPC, RPT-S | Time: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Location: Harrisburg Office
- January 17: Professional Boundaries, Dawn Hoffman, MS, Licensed Psychologist | Time: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Location: York office
- January 17: The Ethics of Relational Authenticity, Michael Penn, PhD | Time: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Location: Lancaster office
- February 21: The Assessment, Management, & Treatment of Suicidal Patients, John Gavazzi, PsyD, ABPP | Time: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Location: Harrisburg office
- February 21: Children & Grief / Loss, Jacque George, MSW, LCSW | Time: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Location: York office
- February 21: Family Therapy Case Study, Janet Edgette, PsyD | Time: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Location: Lancaster office
- March 20: Redefining Vulnerability: A Supervisor's Super Strength & its Impact on Clinical Practice, Dr. Matthew Shupp | Time: 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Location: Harrisburg Office
To register, please call the corporate office during regular business hours at 717-560-7917. Please provide your name, address, phone number, email, and credit card payment to register. Payment must be completed before the training registration can be confirmed. Cost of the training's are $40.00. Credit card payment only.
You will receive an admission ticket shortly after payment has been received and the registration is complete. Please bring the admission ticket to the training. Plan to arrive at least 20 minutes before the training begins, to check in. You will be escorted to the training room.
*TW Ponessa employees should register on the employee portal.
Cancellations & Refunds
T.W. Ponessa reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any seminar at any time (you will have the option to receive a full refund or attend on the rescheduled date). Participants may cancel their registration(s) at any time prior to the seminar date. No refund will be provided if the cancellation occurs within two weeks of the scheduled training date.
- Dauphin County Office - 900 North 6th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17102
- Lancaster County Office - 410 North Prince Street, Lancaster, PA 17603
- York County Office - 160 Roosevelt Avenue, York, PA 17401
Off street parking is available at the Lancaster and Dauphin County offices. Park at your own risk in a legal parking spot. Parking garages are within walking distance of the Lancaster and Dauphin County offices. The York County office has its own parking lot behind the building. Parking is free for training participants at the York County office.
Closest Harrisburg City Parking Garage:
7th Street Parking Garage
801 North 7th Street
Harrisburg, PA 17102
Closest Lancaster City Parking Garages:
North Queen Street Garage
424 N. Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Water Street Garage
220 N. Water Street
Lancaster, PA 17603